Pork Trotter 600g
Leek 2 sticks
Parsley 1 stick
Garlic 4 pcs
Ginger 2 slices
Dried Orange Peel 1 slice
Star Anise 4 pcs
Light Soy Sauce 2 teaspoons
Mrs So's Stew Sauce 2 Tablespoons
Oyster Sauce 1 Tablespoon
Rock Sugar 20g
Sesame Oil 1 teaspoon
Chinese Cooking Wine 1 Tablespoon
- Burn the young hair off the pork trotter, wash and cut into pieces, marinade it with the light soy sauce for later use.
- Wash the taro and steam for about 20 minutes. Peel and cut into pieces for later use. Wash the garlic and parsley, peel the garlic remains as whole, parsley cut into pieces, ginger slice into pieces for later use.
- Remove excess water from the pork trotter, heat up the wok, put 2 tablespoons of oil, add in the pork trotter, garlic, ginger slices, and sauté until golden brown. Take out pork trotter, remove excess oil.
- Put pork trotter back, add in Mrs So Stew Sauce, add in all the remaining spices, seasonings and water, simmer for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Put the steamed taro in a clay pot, put the braised pork trotter and the sauce on top, add parsley and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes before serving (you can remove the dried orange peel and star anise before serving).